Thread: Hub rings ...
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 12:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z_Fan View Post
These aftermarket wheels that I bought are for my winter setup. The place where I purchased the wheels from are out of hub rings for my particular wheels so I have to go search for them. I don't think I'll be going anywhere fast especially in the snow, slush, and ice. Is the hub size still 66.1 mm for non-sport package equipped 370Zs? Just wondering if there's a difference in hub size between 370Zs with/without sport packages. Thanks.
Don't worry you don't need the rings. Chances are the store will give you plastic rings. Do you think some thin piece of plastic has any structural reinforcement to your wheels and studs? . They are only there to aid installation. Some folks have a hard time installing wheels and the rings helps them achieve correct centering but if you use the star pattern and torque the lugs evenly you shouldn't get any vibration.

Only time you need metal rings is on hubcentric wheels.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote