View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #2263 (permalink)
Red370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: your mom to church
Red370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cow View Post
Someone on TGH made the point that Koscielny might make a good DM because of his tackling skills & lack of CB build. It was an interesting thought.
but does he have the ball control and distribution ability needed in such a vital position? Havent seen much of that while hes been on defense, so it would be hard to judge. And while a defensive mid's primary job is of course, to distribute the ball ahead and play solid defense, they also need to have some sort of goal scoring ability, should the opportunity arise, and from what i've seen of Kos, hes missed a handful of sitters, not the kind of guy i'd want going forward.

As for the match, as yall have said, Nasri was once again a force to be reckoned with, hes our best player this year and has been since the season began. Its almost as if we play better when Fabregas is out, and while Cesc is a very valuable player for us, I dont think he would be sorely missed, should Inter or Barca snap him up. Jacky and Nasri are combining extremely well, and Songs game has improved dramatically from last year. Watching Cesc lately is reminding me alot of Thierry Henry in his final days for us, lackluster displays, stupid mistakes (yall dont need me to remind you of last week), it just doesnt seem like hes playing with his whole heart anymore. Now could this be due to a niggling injury? sure it can, and im hoping thats the reason, but I hope hes not doing it to secure an easier exit.

That being said, whats gotten into our boy Jacky? Its beyond me to understand how such a young footballer can be so calm and collected on the ball, make such intelligent passes, and runs that stretch defenses all over the place. The kid plays beyond his years, just imagine the guy at 25. I wouldnt doubt that he'll be one of Englands best to ever play the game eventually.

And I dunno what it is, but warming the pine must have jumpstarted the little Russian boys game, he came out blazing yesterday, he was all over the place and his work rate increased ten fold. Guess he wants his old place on the starting lineup back.