View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #36 (permalink)
KillerBee370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with passion
KillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phimosis View Post
A lot of people in southern California live to the very maximum of what they can afford so they can be flashy, be players, meet hot girls, etc.
Well, the first part of that is certainly true for myself and my wife. Because I am married and could care less to be a "player" and all that boloney, I don't fit the bill on the second part whatsoever. But we do definitely live right up to the limits of our means!

Quote:
The universal truth here is that cars are not an investment, they are a depreciating asset.
This is true... that's why I am currently spending over 200K on my complete backyard remodel and not buying a Lambo or Ferrari. I guess if I had Oprah money, I would do both

Quote:
If they didn't scrap the program, I would have spent $180,000 on a Lexus LF-A. I want one that badly.
I don't think they scrapped it. I could be wrong but last I read, it was on!

Quote:
The C6 Corvette (ZR1) and 997 Porsche (turbo or gt3) are coming to the end of their life cycle and make them less desireable.
You obviously haven't read the latest C&D or Automobile mags... the GT3 is brand new and better than ever (my secret favorite car )

Quote:
The GTR is ugly and too heavy.
Sadly, I agree.

Quote:
By buying a 370z, I get a car that is beautiful, light, great handling, has stylish interior and makes good economic sense. Even with mods on this car, I'll probably only lose $20,000 on it. And, if something new and hot comes to market that I just "have to have," like a Porsche 998 or C7 Corvette, I'm still in a financial position to do it, plus I end up having a lot more money in my bank account, which makes you feel "safer," especially when the economy is in the tank.

So don't neccesarily write everyone off as a fake or a braggart just because they say they can afford to buy an $80,000 car but choose not to. It's how their priorities are set up. Based on your comment, if you had the means, you would get an $80,000 car because that is your priority, but not everyone thinks that way.

-Phim
Agreed again. I guess if you were to add up all for of my vehicles (new) which consist of a Porsche Boxster, a Mitsubishi Outlander, a Jaguar XF and the 370Z, it would add up to a lot more than the cost of a GTR. But with 4 kids, a wife (who owns the Porsche & Jag), I just don't think one GTR would make much sense for us.
KillerBee370 is offline   Reply With Quote