View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
IslandDon
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z PW 7AT
IslandDon is on a distinguished road

It just gets better and better.

Between rainy weather and kids coming home for t-day etc., didn't have a chance to really take a good at all the wheels in the sun.

Just did, and discovered that of course they managed to do some damage to all four wheels.

The other two are not as obvious as the two I noticed first, which were through the silver and down to the black. But damaged they are.

So I think this solves the issue of them not matching if only two get repaired - at this point it's all four.
Sure the Firestone manager will be even happier to hear that - he seemed plenty unhappy when it was just two.

The more I think about it, the less I like the new powdercoat solution. I'm unsure if that would be as good as the factory finish (no idea, this is outside of my realm of expertise).
And I'm not wild about losing the use of my car for 3-4 days while it sits at the tire shop.

Giving serious thought to telling them I want four brand new wheels, and they are welcome to take the damaged ones and sell them, repair and sell them etc.
Not liking their screwup becoming my problem. Which it already has been. This has already consumed too much of my time and energy.

Pics of all four wheels. Hard to see on some, much more visible to the eye.

Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1582.jpg (89.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1585.jpg (102.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1587.jpg (106.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1589.jpg (90.6 KB, 20 views)
IslandDon is offline   Reply With Quote