View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #31 (permalink)
Namir
Track Member

Drives: 09 G37S 6MT
Namir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun66 View Post
Well you can get the motor at harbor freight with a coupon for like a $100 and then an old chassis for like $500 and Bam! gokart! Then you need helmet, suit, transportation and some regular pump gas and your pretty much good to go!

My Dad said the same thing to me he wants to get a lot of land and build a racetrack in his backyard when he retires lol.

In that first pic i'm leaning out the motor by adjusting the low speed jetting on the carburetor. So when we get to the line i won't bog down at the start and then I'll turn it back and dump more fuel into to the engine and go fasta after the start!
Thanks I'll look into it! That doesn't sound as bad as I was reading (5k+ to get started). What kind of motors are these? The track I've been going to has 2 levels of karts, the regular and "super karts" that they say are 270cc motors but not shifter karts. We qualified for the super karts our 2nd time out and have been running them ever since and they are a ton of fun.

BTW how much is track time and where can you find a list of locations?

G37S|6MT|PREM|NAV|Eibach|Ichibia|Injen
Namir is offline   Reply With Quote