View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 11:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jessobear
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z Tour/Sp M6
Jessobear will become famous soon enough

I just run it flat. This Bose system doesn't sound nearly as good as the one in my old Saab, which I thought sounded pretty awesome for a car stereo. This one seems weak on the midbass. It definitely has enough punch from the subs but then there's a whole flat area in the sound response above that. I haven't messed with the bass control because I figured that would overboost the subs, which would just sound bad in a different way.

I'd like to figure out a way to change out the 6x9's in the door. Before anyone suggests changing the stereo, save your typing. Not only do I have almost zero interest in car stereos, I have the nav system which I wouldn't rip out under any circumstance.

Anyone care to expand on what the fitment issues are with the door speakers? Is it a spacer issue? Because I'm definitely capable enough to make something like that and my time is essentially free. I read another thread about it and the guy who wrote it didn't really expand on what the fitment issue was. If I could improve the sound of the system for the cost of a pair of speakers and my time, I think that would be worth it.
Jessobear is offline   Reply With Quote