Thread: Tpms
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 02:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
There are special machines. I've seen them at bus terminals and shopping malls. Some have bubble gum in them. I think these "$25" sensors can be had there.....
Can you please post the link with the map locations of which malls have these vending machines as there is a mall near me?

On a serious note, did you know that are two (2) different TPMS units for the 370Z, and that they shifted to a different part number in 2010?

The TSB is NTB10-102 2010 NISSAN 370Z

2010 370Z; TPMS COMPONENTS NOT INTERCHANGEABLE

APPLIED VEHICLES: 2010 370Z Coupe and Roadster (Z34) APPLIED VINS: 370Z Coupe built after: JN1AZ(****)AM 502860 370Z Roadster built after: JN1AZ(****)AM 303258 APPLIED DATES: Vehicles built after: February 28, 2010

SERVICE INFORMATION
• Recent design changes have been made to the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensor, TPMS receiver, and the TPMS control units starting with the Applied Vehicle VIN and Date ranges.

• These changes do not affect the overall function of the TPMS.

• These changes do affect the interchangeability of parts.
For example:

> Full wheel assemblies (wheel and tire assemblies with TPMS) cannot be swapped between old style sensor-equipped and new style sensor-equipped vehicles.

CAUTION:
• New style and old style TPMS components are not compatible and cannot be interchanged.

• Swapping of new style and old style components will cause the TPMS to stop operating correctly.