View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #2328 (permalink)
JB-370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Stage 2 Twin Turbos
JB-370z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
See, I can't tell if you are being condescending or not. I would assume you are since you made sure I knew the FX was an suv and there's a wink at the end. I know a lot gets lost on the internet though, so I'm gonna just assume you're not being a jackhole and you're just being clever.

Been thinking about it, its theoretically possible! Considering I'm running at less than half steam of what the unit can do, one could roughly estimate that I should see 9 psi of boost from 3500rpm to redline. Obviously there's no way of knowing without trying it. Also, only one boost controller would be involved and at least 15 bov's though, can't have enough BOV's.

It was done on a SC'd mustang before, its on the web somewhere if you look it up. The result was instant torque and a flat power curve.
Hahaha you crack me up with this BS! I am not out to get you RCZ and I am not going to keep repeating that!

Now, as for the FX, there is a guy here in Houston that has a turboed FX with a BBK Etc. I love the new look of the FX and I know its only a matter of time until they do away with the VQ35 and add the VQ37. As of now I know Protech makes a supercharger for the FX. I’m sure one of the SC makers with make one for the FX37 when it comes out. I currently have a turbocharged SUV but a Supercharged SUV would be nice too if it had a VQ37 in it! So am I being condescending...NO... And you are right it is hard to judge peoples demeanor only by the words and icons they choose to use in a post. And I think the FX37 paired with a supercharger could be a good contender for a Porsche Cayenne! The Cayenne has 500hp to the crank, and other companies are getting the automatic tranny beefed up soon so I think that the price of a supercharger with tranny upgrades would put me right in the golden zone vs. going turbo. I think there is an AWD version of the FX too! A supercharger on the FX would make it a blast to dive and if someone found a way to add BOV’s would make it even better