View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
'10Anamoly
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z BS M6
'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light

Forged has similar prices to Z1? Uhm..... maybe if you know what something should cost you and they dont overcharge you in particular, but if you dont, bending over would be the next step after you get there.

I recall an unknowing 370Z guy going to Forged and being charged upwards of $400 just for a Stillen Intake install. Yes they installed it properly, but at what labor rate? Either they charge a regular $85-$95 an hour and take 15-20 smoke breaks so it took them four hours to put intakes on..... or they overcharge on labor rates. It's a two to two and a quarter hour job to do it right so figure on around $180-200/hour for basic labor at Forged if you dont know any better than to ask up front for estimated costs / labor rates.

For reference, Z1 was around $215 for the same two and a quarter hour install on a 370Z, which I saw the bill for myself (which is about normal) and it was done perfectly there as well.

Also, the Forged guys are nice but their dyno is a retarded. Be prepared to take home a dyno slip of your 332 crank horsepower 370Z putting down about 250 to the wheels stock if you want to pay for that garbage. Apparently drivetrain loss on a 370Z manual is around 25% these days........

374rwhp, 360rwtq SAE / GT500 Axle-Backs / Brembo Pack / Track Pack / Recaros / 6spd
'10Anamoly is offline   Reply With Quote