View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 02:32 AM   #110 (permalink)
JerWA
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z
JerWA is on a distinguished road

I waited late Monday night to head home from work. 90 minutes to go 12 miles, and I made very sure to detour around any hills. Parked at the Albertsons in Woodinville without even trying the big hill (good thing too, there were several cars and a big rig stuck on that hill already). Tried getting it home from there on Wednesday, spun it down a hill, recovered without hitting anything and ended up pointed back up the hill so I crept back up (I was only about 1/3rd of the way down) and parked it at an auto service store. Finally managed to get it home Thursday afternoon.

Stock tires, almost 18k miles, ~10-15% tread left. Total death trap in the snow. Has been the plan to park it for the Winter, since snow tires are stupid expensive and probably not very effective on it to begin with. The first snow just hit sooner than expected lol.

Probably gonna get a 4x4 beater and chains for both (beater and SUV). Not how I was looking to send all our holiday money, but it's better than one of us losing their job and the other not being able to pay bills. Grr @ winter!

Here's some pics:
When I got to work, the snow had just started to fall. Forecast said 1/2 an inch max.

By the time I left work, there was 2" on the ground, 3"+ had fallen (I had cleared my car off during the day and still this much was on it when I left):

Albertsons parking lot, 90 minutes and 12 miles later lol:

In the same parking lot is an Office Max. Their sign had a burned out F, so I figured that was worth a pic (Of iceMax) lol.

And lastly my driveway Thursday, the day it was supposed to rain and clear this all out... instead we got another inch on the ground. Thankfully the roads were super treated and the plows came right back out so it was gone before it could even settle. Go road crews!

Last edited by JerWA; 11-26-2010 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Added pictures
JerWA is offline   Reply With Quote