View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 10:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
ThoriumHotdog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Turbo CRX si
ThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the roughThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the roughThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the roughThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahorse12 View Post
My first choice was Baker Nissan South. They are the ones who gave me the quote of $3K. I was in contact with Service Rep Damean...He said that because the parts are not Nissan, their techs will not touch it and all they can do at this point is to bring it back to factory and that would cost $3K. At that point, I had no option but to search for alternate resources. I will try to call Paul Morgan (Baker South or North?). Any other shops you know in Houston that work on 370Zs? How much should it cost (its better if I have an idea before going there again)...

Also, right now I measured the clearance to be close to 3". I am thinking one inch more should make it drivable for regular city driving. Is there any height recommended? I would still wanna have the KWs on my car...of course they are known to be better than factory parts..

I believe Baker Tuning is at/near Baker Nissan North. Might be wrong. Call the north location and ask for the guy The Dreamer mentioned. I hear they are very very tuner and aftermarket friendly. You can also call Carboy and speak to Jackie. I've had good experience with them. Not sure what they'll charge you at either location but it shouldn't be the arm Baker South is demanding.

There is NO reason to send the car back to the factory.
ThoriumHotdog is offline   Reply With Quote