View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 10:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
DannyGT
Track Member

Drives: 370Z (SOLD)
DannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Maintenance Oil/Maintenance Filter warning light!?

So after a full day of Royal Flush Rally driving for a charity event my oil temps never went past 220-230 (lots of high speed highway driving). What I did notice tho, was on the cruise home as I put it into 6th gear and the oil temps gradually came down to 190ish a warning light in the led panel came on warning me for what seemed like two seperate warnings.. Maintenance Oil, and Maintenance oil filter...

Semtex, RCZ, DD, Trav, any of you guys experience this in any way, shape or form? Thought it was a bit odd considering its only been 750 miles since my oil change...

No leaks from underneath or the oil cooler or its fittings. The cooler has a thermostatic sandwich plate which is the only thing that crossed my mind.

Perhaps I went under the threshold and the spring cut off the oil cooler ?

Thanks!