View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 09:47 AM   #137 (permalink)
Zaggeron
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 370ZR '13 BRZ
Zaggeron is a jewel in the roughZaggeron is a jewel in the roughZaggeron is a jewel in the rough

I think it lacks a spoiler because it is the JDM version.

Anyway after wasting all day yesterday on the game here are my thoughts ...

1. They fixed the control issues using the controller that I encountered during the 370z demo. I was worried it wouldn't be playable without a wheel, but it is fine.

2. The load times ... Ugh... The good thing is that some of the unresponsiveness during some of the screens is due to overloaded servers. The bad thing is that little to nothing is cached so to go back to the main GT screen from a select race category screen requires a reload ..

3. Very clunky UI/Menu system. 10 years out of date at least. Everything requires at least twice the number of button presses it should.

4. Only the "Premium" cars have a cockpit view. What's up with that. They could have given the standard cars some default cockpit -- Even GT for the PSP had a cockpit view for all cars.

None of these are game killers for me -- except if they don't get the server issue fixed -- waiting 2 minutes for the server call to time-out when loading the main screen sucks.

IGN's review commented that Forza's simulator focused on tire deformation during cornering and GT5's focuses on braking. This seems spot on. If I could sum up the difference between Forza 3 and GT5 is that Forza cars are tight and GT5 cars are loose.

Overall still a very fun game.