View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Israeli_Z
Base Member

Drives: 10 370Z
Israeli_Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
First of all, is your car a MT or AT? This is important because the automatic transmission is only rated to 298 lb-ft from the factory and we've seen a couple blow up with FI.

The MT is rated to 332 lb-ft and with a careful driver can handle most basic FI applications.

With regards to safety, in general the safety of the kit is only as good as the safety of the tune. With a safe tune the engine should be fine in that 350-400 whp range, just keep in mind you are taking on additional risk.

If you do plan to supercharge, skip intakes and the tune. They will just be a waste of money as any s/c kit is going to replace the intakes and obviously you will have to be re-tuned.

FWIW, we've seen some 330-340 whp dynos with the usual bolt-ons + tune, so you might find that bolt-ons might be enough for you.
I have a M/T and 330-340 w/ bolt ons sounds pretty good. I've been looking for tune shops in the Nor Cal area but they seem to be hard to find (have only found one). Besides the things I mentioned are there any other bolt ons I should look at getting? Because if I can get in that HP range I will probably just start doing lightweight mods.
Israeli_Z is offline   Reply With Quote