View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
AP - Chris_B
Base Member

Drives: Many
AP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-370z View Post
Now my question is to you track guys, which rotors should I go for I'm looking at stillens specials on their rotors today and am thinking either between slotted or the new j hook design. They say the J hook is noisier, just wondering how much noisier it will be, does any one have experience with them, or if not which one would you personally choose?
When the "J's" are working hard they are adding some bite to the pad. This extra bite is felt and heard as slight groaning or low-frequency humming.

For typical around-town driving, many don't notice any difference at all. Only when braking heavily will they remind you that they are helping slow the car down with added effectiveness. Smooth or plain-faced rotors don't generate this noise, but they don't generate the same braking power either!
AP - Chris_B is offline   Reply With Quote