View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
AP - Chris_B
Base Member

Drives: Many
AP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-370z View Post
just looked at the ss lines in the definitive z brake source thread, and see a huge price difference between ss line costs, the goodridge seem very expensive is there a reason for this, is there a performance increase?

going a little crazy with all the questions but want to make sure i get the best bang for the buck!
Goodridge is a world leader in braided line technology. There is no doubt that supplying many large OE manufacturers, along with TÜV certification, puts their product knowledge and production techniques head and shoulders above most in the industry. Specifically for the 370Z, Goodridge has gone to the expense of making every fitting specifically for the car, not just kludging up something that was kinda close to make it work.

Any company can buy reels of hose, boxes of fittings and a crimping machine (we get approached all the time). But how does one know they are buying the best? Brake lines are not appearance-only items -- the play a critical role in vehicle safety. I don't believe I can save enough money on lines to take chances when it comes to brakes. If a problem were to ever arise, the cost difference will seem pretty damn small in hindsight.
AP - Chris_B is offline   Reply With Quote