View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 07:10 AM   #274 (permalink)
bdl99
Base Member

Drives: Nissan GT-R 2011
bdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris`I View Post
My kit arrived last night *whoop*. Got it installed straight away and all works perfect! I need to change the draw line numbers as I have installed the cam on the other side of the hatch release button as it left more space to get the license plate lights in and out and (on my car at least) meant the wire was closer to the grommet for the wiring harness back into the rear hatch. I think there are just some co-eff numbers I can swap over and it will flip the side of the car it thinks its on.

I am doing my sound deadening on Friday, so will be back with more pics of where and how I did stuff, feel free to add them to your how to if you like Brian. Be prepared for a few more orders from the UK when I post it up on our site too
Great, that was quick!

I thought about mounting on the other side. As you say it is a little easier but there were a couple of reasons I chose the other side.
1) At least on mine and Jeff's cars the clip where the cable could be routed was on right of the license plate lights (looking at the back of the car).
2) Also either way you want it as close to the center of the car to get the best image.
3) That was the side the Nissan's had them on and the basis for some of the donor settings. Not that I don't think that you cant change those and get it to work
Note: With the full kits I trim the bracket so it fits.

Was there holes behind the license plate? On the US cars there is and that makes routing/fishing fairly easy. With the UK/EU GT-Rs from what I've seen they are not there so you have to fish straight from the grommet to the license plate light.

Let me know if you want some help with the numbers, you might just be able to change the offset to a negative.

More pictures are always appreciated as in any input to improve the instructions. Like adding a section on installing on the other side.
bdl99 is offline   Reply With Quote