View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 06:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
Slynky
Track Member

Drives: 2010 Red 370Z T/S/N
Slynky will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EValentin1 View Post
Well I guess I should have mentioned it was an old family friend that did the work. Ie that's how I got such a good deal. I was more than impressed with the fix. The gash was deep... He used an epoxy mix to fill both the lip and the bottom panel. Paint was $56. The morning I went to lick up the at I brought $300 to pay him and he refused to take the money. Finally got him to take at least $100. He will be getting the rest in an Xmas card! There's no doubt that if I went to a different shop I would have paid a small fortune to get the same work done.
Thanks for the info. Wish I had more detail of the process so I could approach some collision place with a more exact idea of what to tell them I'm looking for. I'm hoping for $300-$400 and me having the paint afterwards (so I can have my strut done by some painters I hooked up with last year).

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Slynky is offline   Reply With Quote