View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #85 (permalink)
B52EWO
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Roadster
B52EWO is on a distinguished road
Default I'll always have a new top!

I have a 2010 Roadster I purchased used in September with about 4000 miles; it had been bought new earlier this year. The top on the passenger side is wearing exactly as the picture in Z_U_Later's post except mine is reversed - the hole is on the passenger’s side and the dimple is on the driver's side.

I took my car to the dealer two weeks ago and he's ordered a new top so only time will tell whether this will be a permanent fix. The technician is supposed to look at the top mechanism to see what's causing this and I hadn't seen all these post before I went to the dealer so I'll print out all of them so there's no question about this being an isolated incident.

I purchased a new 2004 350Z Roadster and the top started rotting just after the warranty expired. I got no assistance from the dealer so I traded it before the top got too bad. When the 370Z Roadster came out with a new top material, I decided to try it again. The 370Z is such a much improved vehicle over the 350Z so I’ll live with this issue, especially since the dealer has accepted responsibility. I open and close my top at least 2 times a day and usually more on the weekend so I would estimate it will go through at least 1000 cycles a year. If Nissan has to replace the top once a year – so be it. I’ll always have a new top!
B52EWO is offline   Reply With Quote