View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoJim View Post
I bought a 2010 Nismo a few months ago. I plan on taking this car to the track and auto-cross events several times during the year.
I was hoping someone here could give me advice on how you insure your vehicle when it is used on the track. I heard a horror story the other day about a co-worker who crashed his car at the track and his insurance company would no pay for the damages (>$30K). Do insurance companies offer specific coverage for this type of use? Are there special insurance companies that only offer track use coverage (if there is such a thing)? Again I was hoping to get some ideas from those of you who track your car before I call my insurance company.
Thank you in advance for your comments!
You have to read the fine print. Some insurance companies will cover untimed driver education track days (HPDE) but most are starting to change their policies such that you aren't covered anytime you are a track. This past August at an event I was at a guy crashed his Subaru into the wall at 100 mph and totaled it. He told his insurance company the honest truth (after having his lawyer review the policy) and they covered it.

At SCDA, NASA and BMW CCA events you can apply for event insurance, it is roughly $200 per event (1, 2 or 3 days) per $30K declared value.
HPDE Insurance Program