View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #82 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of

Injen CAI the only true cold air intake.

As Stillen is a ram air intake and then there are short ram intakes like JWT and Rz2. But the op was not clear with his question he only asked which is the best intake. Best from what? HP, price, fitment, CAI, short ram, long ram, filtration. They all have their pros and cons. Heat soak, cutting into the body of car and the maintenence of the filters located in the bottom of the bumper. I would tend to agree that Stillen as being less likely to hydrolock that is of the long tube designs. But I did not relish cutting the body of the car to install them.

I prefer the dry air filter over the cotton oil based, more filtration but with a loss of power. I can live with this versus a dirty running engine. Cleaning of the Injen filters can be done without having to remove the bumper. Just pop the pins on the inner fender well and remove clean and reinstall.

Fit and finish (polished black) = Injen CAI
ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote