View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
crash1369
Enthusiast Member

Drives: C300 - 6spd
crash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I've been driving for 12 years now, the first time I ever drove was in the dead of winter, in a rear wheel drive car, that had absolutely no weight in the rear. And many sports cars since then, so I am not new to driving in inclement conditions or cars like this but still every person who has seen it tells me the same thing like I just can't possibly know what I am talking about.

Again common sense will be your biggest advantage, just be easy on the throttle. If you feel the back starting to slide that's your indication that you need to back off a little. Try and maintain momentum whenever you can it will help getting up hills and slippery stuff. The snow tires will help allot there though since they get much better traction then all terrains and especially the summer tires that come on these cars.

Another thing allot of people do and will suggest is adding weight in the rear of the car to help gain traction. You could probably put some of the flat type gym weights in the back where the spare tire would be or something of the sort. I don't ever put any weight in my cars though, something about loading up my tiny sports car like a mini truck and driving around like a low rider all winter...
Besides I like to swing my cars out sometimes
"At no point during your rambling, incoherent response did you ever come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

Last edited by crash1369; 11-21-2010 at 09:47 AM.
crash1369 is offline   Reply With Quote