View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 09:53 PM   #35 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

there are folks here that seem to be doing reasonably well with the akebono brakes for track use, so I think you can survive with these if you find a way to get air to them... but if it were me, I'd always have lingering doubts about whether they were going to hold up and with braking that's just not acceptable in my book

my opinion is if you plan to continue tracking the car regularly - get the bbk... I did more than a dozen sessions on AP Racing bbk in Arizona heat with almost no fade and no 'ice mode'... since then, I had a custom air cooling setup installed that was ~10 hours labor and about $200 in parts... I'm sure you checked it out in the link above... it seems to work

If budget becomes an issue - suggest you invest in front kit + front cooling, and do the back later... Once done, you will not have to worry about out of the ordinary brake failures... plan on getting $600-900 for your old brakes - should be able to sell them on ebay

I'm using ferodo ds300 pads btw
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*
travisjb is offline   Reply With Quote