View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #261 (permalink)
Chris`I
Base Member

Drives: 10 370Z 40th 7AT
Chris`I is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdl99 View Post
Now that all the 2010 kits are on they way, just a reminder to help each other by suggesting any improvements to instructions. The instructions are a lot more detailed that you would probably get on any other kit but that doesn't mean they can't be better.

With the GT-R community the feedback made the instructions even better with people submitting alternative images (for example on the EU GT-Rs there are no holes behind the rear license plate).

So for you trailblazers out there (especially roadster owners) help the other guys out by sending me any suggested improvements to the instructions. I can then apply them to the online version everyone has a link to.

Cheers,
Brian
I did a trial install today as I had the camera set there and was bored. Ran the cam wires and hooked it up via a hacked up 12v cig lighter feed and the AUX in. Planning on getting some sound deadening next week, so will do you some piccies for the EU side of things. Nothing major different TBH, I just installed it the other side of the hatch release button as it fit better there for me.

Also, found that if you cant get the foam block out behind the strut brace, you can get the cable through in 2 steps. First (in the EU car anyway) there is a document/instruction book holder behind the drivers seat. You can remove this and the little cover left behind it to help fish the cables through, both from the rear (where the foam is) and also from the arm rest. Will grab some pics when I can

For those that have done the install, can you show where you stuck the cam on the bumper, and also what the view looks like on the screen? I was doing mine in the garage and had to faff around for a while to try and find the best place in the bumper recess by the license plate light, and not sure I have it in the ideal place.
Chris`I is offline   Reply With Quote