View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 07:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
Merlin
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Tour M6
Merlin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
My Roadster roof is faulty. When it closes, the rear hatch support arm on the drivers side rubs the canvas top and has been rubbing a hole into the top. After two months a regional tech came and tore up the arm, tapped it all up and has now ordered a new canvas top. Support arm is dinged/scratched up and has been bent in an effort to prevent rubbing. This of course all occurred courtesy of Nissan North America. New canvas top is to arrive in two weeks and then they plan to replace it. God knows what damage they will do then! Car has 2630 miles. The top still rubs against the arm when the roof is retracted except it is rubbing in a new location thanks to the bent arm (update! I looked more closely at what the tech did and now the arm he bent to clear the canvas top is rubbing the frame of the car inside and wearing on a rubber gasket). These idiots are just making a bad problem worse and every indication from Nissan North America is if this doesn't work, it is my issue and I need to go to Better Business Bureau Auto to seek resolution/arbitration. Anyone have any experience with this process? I am getting indications from the Customer Affairs rep that the 2010 Roadster has a lot of roof issues. If you are thinking of getting a 2010 Roadster, recommend you STAY AWAY for a couple of years. Don’t waste the money or give yourself any headaches. It’s a piece of crap. This is just one of several problems. Nissan is friggen lame and is not being very responsive. Looking for advice from anyone.

Update!

A Nissan tech replaced the canvas on my roof this week and it appears that they did a very nice job. One of their regional techs did the work. It looks good. However, there may still be a small problem. There are small square plastic supports attached to the canvas at places where the canvas comes into contact with the frame when the top is closed. One of those squares on the driver's side does not seem to settle into place every time the roof is opened and closed and it looks like there is a big lump in the roof. I pushed on it and it snapped into place. This issue may work itself out. I have to watch for a while. But, for my trouble Nissan ordered and installed a rear spoiler at no cost. I had seen the spoiler on the forum and asked the tech what he thought about it when we were talking on the phone about the roof. He offered to order it and install it. It looks great! I have to admit Nissan is trying to make things right. And my dealership is also very cooperative and accommodating.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote