View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 12:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dustin@Z1
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: NLA
Dustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the rough

Monday, November 29th

Today marked the beggining of our adventure to JAPAN! The day started at 4:00 AM (EST). BTW...keep up with me on the time stamps, it changes alot throughout our trip.

Shawn Holleman and myself got to Hartsfield ATL Airport by around 6:45 AM for our 8:15 AM flight. Breezed right thru security (no grab *** security check points, etc). (Note: TAKE YOUR LAPTOP OUT OF YOUR CARRY ON. I failed to do so and ended up having to re-check my bags which delayed me a few minutes here).

We finally made it to our terminal by around 7:20 AM and begann to wait patiently.

For those of you who do not know me. This trip was a milestone for myself already at this point for two reasons:

1) I have never been out of the country
2) I have never flown before - at all

Fact 2 was tested when we recieved the notice from Delta that our current 777 sitting at the terminal was being taken out of service due to mechanical issues. Sited as engine problems that could only be repaired in the hanger. This was definitly NOT a confidence builder for myself.

After a 1 HR and 10 MIN delay. We were finally taking off from Hartsfield bound for Detroit, Michigan. THe total flight time was roughly an hour and twenty minutes ( and was really not that bad).

Once in Michigan, we had to quickly transfer over to a connecting flight outbound for Narita, Japan. I was excitied about taking a 747 for this leg....which proved to be a big disappointment. Although the the 747 was an impressive plane on the outside, the inside was definitly outdated. 777 > 747.

~ will finish and add pics later tonight ~

Last edited by Dustin@Z1; 12-01-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Dustin@Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote