View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
MC

Drives: 2015 GTR NISMO
MC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacky View Post
So tempted.. (currently looking to order the new s4) But the maintenance cost on the GTR is too expensive for me

Great deal though
glad you brought that up will give you a realistic rundown... except for tires it isnt bad

diff and tranny fluid every 18K ..buy your fluids online for about $600 and maybe 3.5 hours labor at the dealer... your right at $1K out the door

oil change... 6 bottles of mobil 0W40 at walmart ...$35 1 hour labr at the dealer... ( or there is a trick to change the oil filter with out removing the underpanel... takes it down to a 30 min job)

brakes.... last 30-40K if you dont track... you can change pads without rotors in most cases.... aftermarket pads are $500 rotors when you need them are like Stillen AP are a little over 2K .. and again unless you track you wont go through the OEM rotors anytime soon

then tires... this is the only area i havent found a way to really get around costs.... front tires last... 7-8K on average before they cord.... rears maybe 12K..... but you can replace just the fronts or just the rears if its within a certain tread difference threshold.... so maybe $850 for front tires every 7-8K...more if you dont do any performance driving and just street drive

i replaced fronts when the rears had 5/32nds left and no issue at all

so there is a realistic look at up keep on this car

i have all fluids recently changed so this car doesnt need anything for a while... i would say in the spring it would need rear tires only and a oil change....
MC is offline   Reply With Quote