View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 07:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Hi-Step'n370Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10ZR S/B AT Tour NV
Hi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z meese View Post
I am about to have the third top replaced on my car. First top had rub wear and started to make a little hole in rear part passenger side. They replaced the top. Numerous times, the same side would not go all the way down and hard cover would not close over it, which has now caused scratching and pulling on the top, passenger side, above window. When I took it back to dealership, they discovered that a support bar had cracked. So they ordered a new support bar and new top. I must say, it has been a pain at times, but the dealership is wonderful, and the service manager is wonderful! They take extra care with my car, no scratches while its there, and we go over it top to bottom when i drop off or pick up. I bought the car from a dealership in AZ and I live in DE. My current dealership service dept makes having these problems with the top less frustrating. I would suggest finding another dealership to those who get lousy, unacceptable service!

It almost sounds like your top frame got bent somehow, either during production or in some other way before delivery. This top tear issue is confusing as there doesn't seem to be any real definition as to just exactly what is causing the problem. Some tops have it, and others - so far - are problem free.

All I can figure is that there are rough edges that if not really properly wrapped will cut through the fabric, but your issue doesn't seem to fit into this category.

Now I am wondering if at sometime between production and installation, some frames got bent during shipping or storage.

It would be nice if someday, when Nissan actually discovers what the core cause of this top tearing issue is, we will have some concrete answers to work with.

Seems like Nissan should know by now just what the cause(s) are by now though.

Sorry for all you are going through, but it's good that you're comfortable with your new dealer. They seem to be in your corner on this issue.

Thanks for the info and let us know if you learn anything about what Nissan knows about this issue.

Last edited by Hi-Step'n370Z; 11-19-2010 at 07:55 AM. Reason: sp
Hi-Step'n370Z is offline   Reply With Quote