Thread: Good handguns
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 12:28 AM   #109 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothZ View Post
The problem is that the agency or department doesn't have the time or money to have the cops at the range all the time. Shooting at the range is a luxury for civilians. I'm all about supporting more range days.

I'm glad someone did it.
I understand this, and maybe it is just inherent ability, but I skipped the range for over a year while I was in college too broke to pay fees/ammo and walked in after that and proceeded to put them all in the head of the sillhouette at the 15 yard line no problem during my CCW class. I think what many cops lack is a good foundation in the FUNDAMENTALS of shooting. Trigger control, front sight, etc. All they care about is taking that dusty thing out of their holster and qualifying every 6 months, 1 year, whatever their policy is. They never break it down and clean it, its just more "gear" to them. One state trooper I spoke with did not even know what caliber his P220 was.

They may have heard these terms and know what they mean, but noone spent the time with them to help them feel and use those "terms". I have seen this with a lot of former/current military as well. There is a HUGE lack of understanding of and practice of the fundamentals that lead to making solid hits on target quickly.

Practice makes perfect, but doing the wrong thing over and over and over makes for a poor performance.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 11-19-2010 at 12:31 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote