View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabenson View Post
I normally use a compressor at home (18 gallon tank, got it Home Depot during a killer sale and this is about all I use it for).

My Z came with some BS nitrogen fill - does anyone know anything about this? I haven't had to add any air yet, but am curious as to what I should do when it needs it. The dealership is the only authorized dealer (can't remember which company it was) in the area and their make-ready is the only place to get a fill.
you can safely mix regular ole air with nitrogen inflated tires, however, the main reason nitrogen is used is because the molecules? (im no physicist) are larger, and thus dont leak out of tires as easily. at least thats what i remember from the one science class i took years ago in university.

so in essence...if you have nitrogen filled tires, you shouldnt have to really fill them, UNTIL you get an unnatural leak (hole in the sidewall caused by a nail for example)
chops is offline   Reply With Quote