View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #36 (permalink)
Nikon FM
Track Member

Drives: 03 996TT Porsche
Nikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond reputeNikon FM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortrex View Post
I put 9x19 and 9x11 wheels with 255/35 and 295/30 hankooks with eibach springs and now have too much understeer. the alignment specs post spring install show -1.3deg and -1.4deg camber in the front.

can I get more negative camber out of the front with the stock bits? if so, what is suggested to relieve the understeer based off the tire sizes I am running? also, at what point do I start getting tire wear because of too much negative camber?

would sway bars help my situation at all?

thanks.
I run the OEM wheels with
255x30 Front
295x30 Rear
Toyo R888 tires on the track. I haven't experienced any understeer with the OEM suspension whatsoever. Pretty much point and go. With the springs and different wheel sizes there are a bunch of changes happening at once. If you still have your OEM wheels I'd swap out and see if the problem persists. Try and fix this by very small adjustments at a time…..just my 2 cents.

Buddy Revell: "One man's sooner is another man's later"
Nikon FM is offline   Reply With Quote