View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #34 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaveup View Post
Even the "higher" quality test pipes are not 100% indestructible and are prone to cracking as well. (although it *might* be at a lower rate, but who knows) So you'd be out even more money if that were the case right?

Let's say you bought these ebay test pipes and got them installed (if you can find a shop that will remove cats for you) and one of the welds cracked, you could always bring it back to the exhaust shop and they should be able to fix the crack for like $50 tops. This would be the same for any of the more expensive pipes as well.
Yep. Exactly.

On that note, wasn't someone on here recently very unhappy with the welds on their $1200 exhaust system? I thought it was an Ark CBE, but I could be wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaveup View Post
That said, has anyone on here bought these "cheap", "poorly made" "garbage" ebay test pipes and had an issue with them cracking?
Nope.

To the OP, it's a set of two single pieces of steel pipe with two flanges. If it looks dodgy send it back, but my guess is it will be just fine.

The only "issue" with mine was that, inexplicably, the bolts they sent with it were too short and I had to take a run to the hardware store. Otherwise, no issues.

Last edited by Jordo!; 11-18-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote