View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #31 (permalink)
Diocletian
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z CY A7
Diocletian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaveup View Post
In all honesty if that's too much of a hassle (changing test pipes is pretty easy after you've gotten the stock cats off) then perhaps modding a car isn't a good idea for some people.

Even the "higher" quality test pipes are not 100% indestructible and are prone to cracking as well. (although it *might* be at a lower rate, but who knows) So you'd be out even more money if that were the case right?

Let's say you bought these ebay test pipes and got them installed (if you can find a shop that will remove cats for you) and one of the welds cracked, you could always bring it back to the exhaust shop and they should be able to fix the crack for like $50 tops. This would be the same for any of the more expensive pipes as well.

That said, has anyone on here bought these "cheap", "poorly made" "garbage" ebay test pipes and had an issue with them cracking?
It's too much hassle for me, yes. I never do most of the work for my car. I don't have the tools, time, experience or patience to do it. My feeling is, I let a well known shop with a lot of rep take care of it, which gives me peace of mind. If they screw up it's their *** and I incur no extra cost or time repairing it.

Make sense? I seriously don't think I'm the only one that feels the same way.

Last edited by Diocletian; 11-18-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Diocletian is offline   Reply With Quote