View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 08:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by im89 View Post
ok so once i have vdc on, traction control, and snow tires i should be good. i dont know how much time im actually going to have to practice because when it snows i have to go to work. in terms of rust and maintenance to part what do you guys do after it snows? just give your car a wash?
go to one of those car washes that are DIY, and hose down the underside of yoru car and all the suspension etc. When you pickup the car, see if you can get the dealer to 'winterize' it, maybe they spray some BS magic spray on the bottom that helps prevent corrosion. probably does nothing but its worth asking about. i understand that some people never want their cars to see rain or snow. but the reality is that these cars arent' just going to fall apart if they get wet, cold, muddy, or covered in salt. As long as you keep it clean every week or so, you should be ok. you know how many beaters there are out there, driven all winter, all year, that haven't been washed in years? and they run just fine. don't worry about it too much
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote