View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #72 (permalink)
BOLIO 671
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: To & From then Back
BOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowSpeed View Post
I'm interested in the K & N drop in filter and the HPS tubes combination... price seems right and the added power is good. Actually I didn't expect that much from this combination. Not a fan of long tube CAI's especially here in PR when all of a sudden cats and dogs fall from the sky... I've seen my plenty share of hydrolocks.

Could someone route me on where are the best deals for teh K&N's and the HPS tubes? PR370 where did you get yours from?

PR's weather and climate is similiar to that of Guam's....the way that the Stillen G3's are designed are to avoid any type of Hydrolocking....That is why they are postioned behind the front bumper area... Cats and Dogs have been dropping out of the sky here lately as it is our season...The only way you're gonna hydrolock with the Stillen G3's is if you actually drive your Z into a lake.

The Injen's CAI's design is more prone to hydrolock vs the Stillen...Now in reference to the SRI (K&N Drop Ins/HPS Tubes Combo) that you're talking about, based on all that I've read about SRI's...there are zero to negative HP gains...This is due in part to the Z's engine bay getting heat soaked from the High Heat tempertaures of the HR motor....Thus instead of getting cooler air into the engine, you're actually gonna get hotter air with SRI's....The Stock boxes are a lot better, as with the way the stock air boxes are to minimize the amount of heat around the filter area.

Just My
2013 Nismo Z34 / FI TT #091 / IG: @lilzilla_z34
BOLIO 671 is offline   Reply With Quote