Thread: Good handguns
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #57 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5897 View Post
The sigs are really nice however, I would get the p250 in 45.

I daily carry my Dan Wesson "Valor" 1911.

Out of the box the first grouping I did was at 25 yds and I did a 1" grouping and bout sh1t myself!!! most accurate 45 I have ever owned! This is my workhorse gun and my pride and joy! Sigs are very accurate too. If you want something crazy get a .22mag for close quarters they have just as much knock down as a 45!!! its insane! an Army buddy of mine usses it for his concealed weapon he was telling me it penatrated every soft armor vest on the market went through the ply wood dummy and ended up half way through most vests on the back side...

there is alot of advocates for one brand or another. What it comes down to is you going to the range and seeing if they have one in a rental... then shoot it and see how it fits in your hand. 9mm is great and all but when it comes to self defense I will take .45 over everything besides a desert eagle .50ae. That thing is retarded! If you dont hit the person they will be deaf after the first shot! If you ever run out of ammo you now have a freaking pistol for a baseball bat. The thing weighs like 2+lbs and your hand drops to the floor the first time you pick it up lol
Yes, it made a .224" hole in and a .224" hole out.

Thanks, but I will keep my 9mm and 357SIG and if you like the .45, that's pretty cool, too. In all the penetration tests I have conducted on steel, wood, car doors, etc. the only thing that matters is kinetic energy and frontal surface area of the projectile. This has NOTHING to do with how much damage it will do to something made of flesh that is pissed off and coming after you. It's like saying "I will carry an ice-pick, me Lord! I shoved it through yonder pin 2x4 while me broadsword only sticked the point in by an inch when I thrust at it".

Exaggerated, but you see what I mean.

Also, "knockdown" power is a myth and a joke. Physics dictate that any force acted on the target will be less than that acted on the shooter. This is because of velocity lost in travel from shooter to shootee.

The ONLY thing that matters (unless you hit a CNS structure) is the time it takes to drain sufficient blood from the target to cause the target to cease functioning. Punching ice-pick holes in someone is much less effective than punching 1/2" holes in someone.

I draw the line at 9mm. There are plenty of .380-sized 9mm's that work great. There is no excuse to carry a .22 unless you are naked and conceiling it in your arse or something tripple-secret super-spy.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote