View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 08:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Travis had a custom kit made. Stillen is supposedly working on one (they have it on their press car) but any emails to them have fell silent.
I recall looking at Travis' log but he never extrapolated on the design. I'm not holding my breath for the Stillen kit as 1) they'll make everyone buy their fascia and 2) it will require plenty of labor, cutting, and redesigning to make it fit most likely (given how their other parts usually go).

The main problem I noticed when looking at the car with the fascia off is there are three options for getting air to the rotors if piping from the fangs. You can cut through the wheel liner and hope you don't have clearance issues with ducting in the wheel well. You can cut a hole in the bulkhead to pass the ducting through but you'll never get a 3" tube through there without some serious cutting. Finally you can route the ducting under the bulkhead and then back up, but you'll have ground clearance problems and have to cut or remove the underbody cover.

I'm leaning to a NACA duct pickup right by each wheel much like Modshack posted a while back on his Audi. My goal would be a single unit that bolts on with one or two bolts and can be easily removed when not desired.