View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 04:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
NotmyGTR
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z/Pearl 6speed
NotmyGTR is on a distinguished road
Default Im a nut job I guess

Seven days in a week......wash at least 3 times a week. Days I dont wash, I keep a bottle of distilled water in my garage that is used to take off bug spots, bird disrespect, and such. Only waxed her once so far, but Ive only had her for about 3 and a half weeks.

Every wash means, every door jam/rubber gasket gets wiped down. Rear hatch gets raised and wiped. Hood lifted, wiped completely along with any water or dust spots throughout the engine bay. Yes, the license plate is removed so no dirt is safe hiding behind the plate. Plates get waxed when the car does as well.

For the weekend washes, the rims are removed and complete rim is cleaned, inside and outside, along with cleaning of the calipers and tire wells. Just to make sure I dont aid in the accumulation of dirt on the underside...........she stays parked in the garage on rainy days and I drive my other ride instead.

On the weekend wash, once drying is complete, I will apply the tire shine, and the car wont be moved for about 3 hours. Just to ensure the Black Magic is completely absorbed by the rubber and there will be no messy black spots on the side of the car when I do drive it later on. I even go so far as to wax the glass and rims to ensure dirt, dust, and bugs slide right off.