View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
SeattleLion
Base Member

Drives: '13 Mustang GT Prem.
SeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon FM View Post
Where and when? I've ran DE events at Pacific Raceways and without pushing the car extremely hard the oil temp was hovering around 260. If you install an oil cooler and don't block it during the cooler months (here) your oil temperature will not climb above 180 and it will take almost 20 minutes to get there. I have an oil cooler installed but put a shield in place for the fall/winter months..seems to work just fine. Typically I'm at 200 on the freeway with the shield in place.
March 28 at Pacific Raceway I think. It's Proformance racing's performance school. I guess I am safe to go without the cooler. It will be cool there...it's always cool here. Thanks for the advice.
SeattleLion is offline   Reply With Quote