View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #48 (permalink)
phelan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Scoobaroo
phelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph B View Post
It's too bad that nowadays people who know nothing about cars are allowed to post on forums and rant about companies who will not/cannot defend themselves publicly here.

You think you got a bad product?

Step one: Don't put it on! Call the company, tell them your issue. Then you will get an answer on what they will do for you. If then you are not happy and feel you are being jerked around, then come here and post! It doesn't seem like you did that. It seems like you rode the anxiety/panic wave from an unhappy G37 post and expanded on it.

Are you serious? You think an exhaust is turning your check engine light on? You could take your exhaust off after the cat and the ECU wouldn't know.

It's to bad that people act like this on the forums. Coming on here and complaining that you are not happy for the world to see, hoping that ARK is going to step in. All along you haven't even contacted the company you bought it from to see if they can do anything?

and all the people jumping on the bandwagon, dissapointing.
Wow, butthurt much? Whining back for all the world to see? Damn.

No, the exhaust should not cause a CEL, that was just a matter of bad timing.

The problem lies in that the product has what I would consider less than acceptable welds and varying degrees of damage. From the sounds of it, I'm not the only one concerned. However, TeamARK has already come in and said the welds and the scratches would be rectified for the November sale. Does that mean until now, they've acknowledged their welding is rubbish but continued anyway? Does that mean until now, they've just said "eh it's a tiny scratch" and sent the product on its merry way?

Their previous response of "those welds will not break...scratches on hangar", etc. also makes it sound like they're not going to do anything about this system that fxroar has. Unless I'm reading it wrong. Feel free to correct me if you think so. Hell, if TeamARK thinks I read it all wrong I will edit this post later on.

Ask yourself as well, though, would you be happy if you spent a thousand bucks and got an exhaust that looked like it was welded together by a trainee and been through a quick sand blast? I sure as hell wouldn't. Why can't ARK deliver defect-free products the way a shop like Fast Intentions or Invidia can? You pay with the expectation of getting (in ARK's somewhat paraphrased words) a top quality exhaust for the money. I would think the customer has the right to complain if it isn't 'top quality'.

Fine, I give you the company should have been given first dibs to deal with it internally, but from what I've seen, this has been happening for a while, and they haven't shown any kind of intent to fix their welds or other minor defects.

凛 ('Rin') - 2009 Nissan 370Z
With silence comes peace. With peace comes freedom. With freedom comes silence.

Last edited by phelan; 11-15-2010 at 03:24 PM.
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote