View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 05:50 AM   #64 (permalink)
studeow
Base Member

Drives: 370Z-Sport Pkg-PG
studeow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Z View Post
OK.... Here we go. Started the game plan for the installation of a Kenwood 7140 today. Let me first say, it's not cheap! I wanted it... It will do the 3G iPhone like a dream, even SMS texting! (No wife means a family vote of 1) Freedom at last!

Kenwood DNX7140 Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com

I have a Sport, Touring, Automatic, in Brilliant Silver. The Bose was the first issue. The face trim plate is not double din ready. Seems there are no after market trim kits for the 370 yet. (Checked everywhere) The solution was Nissan's trim plate for the Base Audio (Non Touring, Non Nav) Just get one from Nissan, right? So thats what I did... For $174.11, part #68262, and thats wholesale! Thanks to Kevin in the Parts Dept. at Pinnacle Nissan in Scottsdale, AZ. I did not have to pay full boat for the part. List for it was $265.81. It should be here in 2 to 3 days. That hurt!

Gettin' the stuff togeather...

Kenwood will not warranty the 7140 unless you get it from an "Authorized Dealer" You can save 1 or 2 hundred bucks today, if you buy from an Un-Authorized dealer on the internet. But here in the Arizona heat....I wanted it covered by Kenwood for at least the first year. Bottom line, today if you WANT it from an Authorized Dealer.... its $1499.99! After seeing a 7140 pair with my iPhone 3G I was toast! Now for the add ons.

XM Radio adapter w/ XM Mini tuner. $130.00

iPod / Video Cable $29.99

Rearview Camera $200.00

Nissan ANT. Adapter $15.99

Nissan Steering Control Adapter $94.99

Install $483.99

Hopefully it will be installed on Monday. I will post some pics when its DONE ;-) I'll let you married guys total it up and tell me I'm crazy... But it is one fine unit!! Right honey?
Hi,
Whats the make and model of the Steering wheel control adapter - is it PAC? And how is the response time using it? Finally did you also by a wiring harness, or did the pros take care of that issue?
p.s.
Doing a similar mod as you did, but with the dnx-5120 on the 370 - I'm changing everything but the stock tweeters - should I change those too (or will it matter much? ) I hope you can answer these questions, as your mod is the most awesome and you are quite knowledgeable on the subject now.

Thanks
studeow is offline   Reply With Quote