View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
SAM@GTM
NOT AN ACTIVE SPONSOR. DO NOT BUY

Drives: 370Z
SAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post

I have some outstanding questions and concerns regarding the 37VHR tune ability. And I would greatly appreciate any input.

Is the stock O2 sensor adequate to get accurate A/F reading or is wideband needed?
-
What ratio of A/F to shoot for throughout the rev range?
-
Is there a need to remap ignition timing? Or should I use a pre-configured map and do a whole ecu flash? (and where could I get my hands on a preconfigured map)
-
Is an EGT sensor needed?
-
Are there any crucial tuning points there are to worry about that are not already listed?

I apologize if these are dumb questions, I am new around here <-- clearly.. and I have never built my own boosted car, so this will be my first(worked on others however... used to spend time in a tuner shop in California).
Tuning

Factory widebands are sufficient for tuning in this platform if you know what your are doing and know how to translate the data into usable info that you can rely on in making changes to the tune. it is really no rocket science but experience does come in handy.

Here is the manual for our turn key tuning solution http://www.gtmotorsports.com/Manuals...rn_Key_EMS.pdf .This should help you to get an idea of what you are up against . Keep in mind that this is what we use In all of our force induction solution world wide with an outstanding results.

Monitoring

The more the better, overdoing this will not hurt you, But would i put an EGT on 500HP setup ...probably not .

Good luck

Sam

Last edited by SAM@GTM; 11-14-2010 at 02:29 PM.
SAM@GTM is offline   Reply With Quote