View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Unclemeaty
Base Member

Drives: 150cc Scooter
Unclemeaty is on a distinguished road

I did make about an inch of space around the inside of the box for increasing the box's volume slightly. I think if I used 12" MDF surrounds instead of handy-cut pieces it would have probably been a little cleaner and closer to .3cu. I actually had spare MDF from another project and worked with that I could and a jig saw. I thought the easiest way to make the box at the time was with octagonal pieces, but if I had to go about it again I'd just make the pices 12" round.

Another idea I was toying with was using fiberglass to mold a box inside the spare; but this was a much easier approach.

My system is best when playing techno, and good with Rock / pop. Anything below about 40hz gets hardest for the box to re-produce and therefore this setup is not ideal for hiphop and rap. I have heard the new Pioneer IB Flat woofers which replaced the line I used fares much better below 40hz.that being said, this system is the stealthiest I've seen in a 370z, and the best I've heard - mainly because the amps are so good though.

The neet thing I've been thinking about; since this box is not dependant on the Amp's installation location I was thinking of making an alternate and much larger waveform style box with a single 12 in place of the spare and tools. because I saved so much making this first box I
Unclemeaty is offline   Reply With Quote