View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 11:11 PM   #451 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of

The larger filter will not load up as quick as smaller filters. After about 2.5k miles on a smaller filter you may hear a different pitch, it could be a sign of the filter loading up. It takes a keen ear to tell the difference, but if you listen when the filter is new to the sound of that first start in the morning and notice the pitch change after 2.5k miles on the oil filter, it's possible that the filter is loading up. Loading up is the filter has reached it's max filtration. Larger filters can go more miles before loading up. For what it's worth there is my 2 cents on larger filters versus smaller ones.

From expereince I found out from using Amsoil EAo oil filter before Amsoil updated their website and they DID NOT have listed the EAo filter even though it was cross referenced for the G37. Maybe the G37 oil system is not the same as the 370Z. Check back on my earlier post on this thread for the story on Amsoil. After a used oil analysis (UOA) my tribolgist commented on the filter loading up and to dump the Amsoil ASAP and go with PurOne Puolator. This larger filter can go 5k mile oil intervals.

You cannot go wrong with the larger PureOne Purolator PL14610.
ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote