View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Doing this from memory, but isn't that sub designed to work in a box as small as .3 cubic feet? You are not off by much. In looking at your box, did you maximize the interior size by making the walls as close to the sides of the spare as possible? It looks like you left yourself some room there. This same type of box was done a while back and the guy cut circles and screwed/glued them together to make the cylinder. His circles fit right to the edge of the spare, and I believe he met the .3 requirement for internal volume. I like your approach though, as well as his. This is how I will do my sub when I get around to updating the stereo. I want stealth as well as all the usuable trunk space. He claimed his box hit pretty hard and was a good match for rock music (used the same Pioneer thinline).