View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
cab83_750
Track Member

Drives: 09 NISSAN 370Z
cab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond reputecab83_750 has a reputation beyond repute

I fully agree with you. Perhaps bear with the noise for a while to break-in the parts.

However, having upgraded my stereo, the dealer or you taking the audio parts is very easy, safe, and not very intrusive. I would do it myself or take it to the dealer if I were you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmyride View Post
Yeah it does happen to my Z too. I usually drive with music on so I didn't hear it for the whole year. Then last week I didn't have the music on and I hear the squeak. At first, I thought the noise was from some fallen leaf getting stuck on the windshield wipers but then I checked and didn't see any debris.

Now the squeak is constant. I couldn't tell exactly where it came from.

I dont want to bring the car to Nissan and have them open the whole damn dashboard up just to fix the squeak. It does more harm than good.

I just have to live with it until i know how to fix it.
cab83_750 is offline   Reply With Quote