View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
Footloose301
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
Footloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud of

That really blows man. I really think you ought to just get the car fixed and keep it. Perhaps you'll have some leftover dough and a turbo kit might be on the way. The accident is not nearly as bad as mine was on my black 370Z, but I feel for ya.

Having a 40th is a rare opportunity. Don't get rid of it. So what about a CarFax. As long as you own the car for the rest of its life, or at least until its paid off then you'll be able to sell it to anybody. A dealer isn't going to give you more on a trade in for having a 40th. It's not even an option on kelly blue book. You'll have to sell it later on to somebody on the forum or locally, somebody that knows its worth and more than likely they won't care about a carfax and most people don't even think about a carfax if the car appears as though it was maintained properly.

Besides, like the other people said, it appears cosmetic. The only things that might be affected by this is the headlights, horn, and washer fluid. It appears everything else was safe and sound. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Just make sure you come out on top financially with this accident. Don't just "get it fixed". You've lost time from work/school and a bunch of aggravation. Not to mention the car isn't "pure" anymore. The insurance company/old bag o bones needs to pay up for lost time at work/school. Again, Sorry man.

Last edited by Footloose301; 11-13-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Footloose301 is offline   Reply With Quote