View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 12:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

67 really isn't that old. i agree that at a certain age seniors should be tested to ensure they can see/hear and have all the necessary awareness to drive. however, i don't really think that at 67 you should have to be taking a drivers test every 4 years, just because you are 'old' even though i dont think 67 is OLD. its not young, but its not like 80. people who are in their 70's that don't let themselves go, are often in pretty good shape in both mind and body. it isn't really until 80's where things start to deteriorate. but either way, if you stay active it prevents deterioration of the mind and body.

i think at 65, people should have to take an exam to evaluate their sight, just a simple physical to evaluate their senses. at that point, they are either cleared till they are 75 if they meet all requirements, and if not, they have to get tested in 2-4 years again t and ensure they are fit to drive.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote