View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 12:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
samb03
Base Member

Drives: Black Cherry Sport
samb03 is on a distinguished road

do some research on a sub. The sq subs tend NOT to need as much air space. I am a little bias but my IDQ 12 is in a .8 cubic foot box. That is pretty small by any standard. I have heard several people on audio message board using IDQ subs in their home theatre. they aren't real power hungry 350w rmsmax as apposed to 500rms to sound good for the Alpine type r. At woofersect.com you can get a 10" for $160.

I don't know what your budget is but CDT and Focal makes awesome stuff too. That is what I would put in mine if didn't already have a full set up of Infinity Kappa speakers.

as far as head units go. I like pioneer. check out Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD. I have a 2003 or 2004 pioneer that was top end back then that is still nicer than most of the radio on the market. It just don't have a blue tooth, or expandible ports (usb or sd card). 13 band eq and great cross over system. I think it has been in 3 cars. The only problem is it has trouble ejecting cds. That is do to the 4x4 that jarred it a little bit.

Last edited by samb03; 11-13-2010 at 12:59 AM.
samb03 is offline   Reply With Quote