View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
By heel and toe you mean blipping the throttle right. With your toe on the brake and heel on the gas... Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it's tricky with the pivot style accelerator pedal.

This should be practiced somewhere safe by the way.

Just wanted to clarify because some people get the heel & toe technique confused with rev matching downshifts. No need to really heel toe unless your flying thru corners.
yah, on these organ pedal cars i use the side of my right foot while pressing the brake pedal. on traditional pedals i use both technies...side of my foot for light braking and blip and my actual heel on the thottle for heavy braking and blip.

imho unless you can do these acrobatics you should just stick to AT. i use it not just for turns but using engine braking assist while braking straight. it's second nature once you get the hang of it.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote